Last week, we welcomed 2000+ international students and alumni, from 77 post-secondary institutions across Canada to Get Hired at Home.
Thanks to the enthusiastic participation of students, employers and sponsors, we reached many amazing milestones. Here are a few highlights:
- 2,008 international students & alumni across Canada registered to attend Devant’s 2nd Get Hired at Home career development expo.
- Representation from 86 countries and 77 post-secondary education institutions.
- 457 individuals attended our career development workshops. 90% of attendees rated these workshops 4-5 stars.
- The immigration Q&A was attended by 76 individuals who got their questions answered live by a Canadian Immigration Lawyer.
- On June 8, 14 companies were available live at their virtual booths.
- Total of 54 open job positions available at the event across a variety of sectors.
- Our virtual networking café + industry-specific rooms were filled with engaging conversation amongst peers.
- Our bite-sized workshops on employer research, LinkedIn, interview & resume skills were watched over 500+ times.
If you weren’t able to attend, here’s what you missed!
The 3 day event walked attendees through the 3 stages of career development – PLANNING, PREPARATION, and ACTION.
During the planning and preparation days, attendees participated in live career development workshops (now available on our YouTube channel) hosted by HR professionals and career coaches. Equipped with the knowledge and resources, students interacted with employers, on the final action day. They also had the opportunity to attend live workshops, connect with students at the networking cafe, and watch bite-size videos on career development tips.
It doesn’t end here. We look forward to continuing the discussion with you at our upcoming events, workshops and career development fairs. If you’re looking for a specific career action plan suited to your goals, check out our services page.